How often do you look at your investments and think ‘I should do something with them’?
But what? You may have a variety of bonds, NISAs and other savings spread across various companies and funds. It is an exercise in itself just to work out how much it is all worth. Then, to calculate which investments have been most profitable. And finally, to make the decision to make a change.
It is often easier just to leave it for another day.
This means that you are not maximising the growth potential from your hard-earned assets. An investment portfolio should be analysed to ensure that it is suited to your needs in terms of investment risk and asset allocation (the spread of investments designed to give the best opportunity for growth with the minimum risk). It then needs ongoing monitoring and rebalancing to keep it on track.
Any investment recommendations must also take taxation into account.
The ‘wrapper’ around your investment may be just as important as the investment itself. By using ISAs, onshore and offshore bonds, and other options, you can potentially save a fortune in tax.
Pettecrew Financial Planning Ltd can provide a review of all your arrangements and then review them each year to ensure that they continue to be suitable for your objectives.
- On The Beach pulls all summer holidays from saleThe online travel agent won't be selling summer holidays due to Covid uncertainty.
- Colonial Pipeline: US petrol prices hit seven-year highPrices rose as the Colonial Pipeline shutdown spurred some customers to panic-buy in the US.
- UK economy picks up as lockdown restrictions easeThe UK economy shrank by 1.5% in the first three months of 2021, but picked up speed in March.
- US inflation sees biggest jump since 2008The report from the US Labor Department comes amid fears that rising prices could push up interest rates.
- Heathrow Airport could divert aircraft to ease crowdingContingency plans are being made to divert passengers to other UK airports or EU hubs due to border queues.