How often do you look at your investments and think ‘I should do something with them’?
But what? You may have a variety of bonds, NISAs and other savings spread across various companies and funds. It is an exercise in itself just to work out how much it is all worth. Then, to calculate which investments have been most profitable. And finally, to make the decision to make a change.
It is often easier just to leave it for another day.
This means that you are not maximising the growth potential from your hard-earned assets. An investment portfolio should be analysed to ensure that it is suited to your needs in terms of investment risk and asset allocation (the spread of investments designed to give the best opportunity for growth with the minimum risk). It then needs ongoing monitoring and rebalancing to keep it on track.
Any investment recommendations must also take taxation into account.
The ‘wrapper’ around your investment may be just as important as the investment itself. By using ISAs, onshore and offshore bonds, and other options, you can potentially save a fortune in tax.
Pettecrew Financial Planning Ltd can provide a review of all your arrangements and then review them each year to ensure that they continue to be suitable for your objectives.
- Hunter Biden to step down from China board amid Trump attacksThe move by the son of former US Vice-President Joe Biden follows attacks by President Donald Trump.
- Can Rugby Union’s top tier be broken?Too much money is focused on the big nations in rugby union, an ex-England international says.
- General Motors strike: 'We've got to fight for what's right'Four weeks into the car giant's strike, workers are losing money but say they will continue to protest.
- Payments giants abandon Facebook's Libra cryptocurrencyMastercard, Visa, eBay and Stripe join PayPal in no longer supporting Facebook's effort to launch a currency.
- US postpones next tariff hike after China trade talksUS President Donald Trump hails a "phase one deal" and suspends a planned tariff hike.